Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.x™ Front-to-Back
This 2.5-hour course is designed to cover the basics of Digital Asset Management using Lightroom as the primary tool. If you are considering Lightroom, just purchased Lightroom or are struggling using the program, this class is designed for you. We will discuss in-depth:
• RAW, JPEG and DNG file formats
• Image Transfer and Disk/Folder Management Strategies
• Key Differences between Lightroom and Photoshop/Elements
• including what you can do with one that you cannot do with the other, and which program is probably best for you at this stage in your photography.
• Managing a library of images including managing clients, stock photography, geo-coding and your fine art photography.
• Developing your files for maximum impact.
• Displaying your files on screen and for projection.
• Outputting your files for print at a lab or printing on your own printer.
• Putting your images on the web.
• Creating Books
The course is designed to show you the capabilities and limitations of Lightroom to help you determine if it is the right tool for you. Ownership of Lightroom is not required for the class and it is not necessary that you bring a laptop to the class but you are welcome to follow along. Subsequent in-depth classes will be offered soon after featuring:
• The Library Module (Including Import)
• The Develop Module (Including Lightroom Plugins and interface with external editors)
• The Output Modules (Slide Show, Print, Book and Web)
Rikk Flohr Biography
Rikk Flohr is a professional photographer and instructor with more than 25 year’s experience. He teaches Photography and Image Editing at National Conferences like PowerPoint Live, The Presentation Summit, CorelWorld and the CorelDraw User’s Conference. He authored a bi-monthly column in CorelDraw Unleashed magazine on Digital Photography and Image Editing. In addition to teaching at Twin Cities area photographic societies, he is a regular presenter at the Lightroom User’s Group. Rikk has served twice as Artist in Residence for the National Park Service at Badlands National Park. Currently Rikk is a photography instructor for Worldesigns Photo’s Costa Rica tours, teaching photography and image management in the field. He also runs twice-yearly workshops to Badlands National Park. His images have appeared on a variety of Twin Cities‘ media and Midwestern regional and national magazines. Rikk’s company, Fleeting Glimpse Images provides Digital Imaging Consulting in Photography, Design, and Presentation skills in addition to providing classroom instruction and speaking to large groups. Rikk serves as a Lightroom, Print, and Photographic contractor for Adobe Systems. He writes regular columns on his blog and publishes video tutorials on his YouTube™ channel
Blog: <a href="http://fleetingglimpseimages.wordpress.com
YouTube Channel: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/FleetingGlimpseImage